Divorce Mediation/Marital Dissolution
What can Michael Eramo's of Counsel Associates do for me in a divorce mediation?
- The attorney/mediator utilizes special conflict resolution skills to provide guidance in settling issues such as Custody, Visitation, Parenting Plans, Paternity, Spousal Support, Child Support, as well as division of marital assets.
- The attorney/mediator is a neutral third person skilled in facilitating a discussion between the parties as to how they choose to dissolve their marriage. In this way, it is the parties who decide how their future will unfold, rather than relying on a Court to make these decisions.
What do I need to know about divorce mediation?
- It is far less expensive and involves much less time and consternation than a contested divorce, such as one alleging fault grounds.
- When both parties can agree that irreconcilable differences have led to the irretrievable breakdown of the marriage, then both parties enter into a contract agreeing to mediate the dissolution of their marriage in good faith.
- The mediator is a trained and experienced attorney who concentrates his law practice in family law and divorce matters.
- The mediator does not represent either party individually. Each party is encouraged to seek their own independent counsel during any stage of the mediation process. A party may seek the advice of independent counsel to review the final separation agreement.
- Once an agreement has been reached on all the issues, the mediator can efficiently provide his services to draft the separation agreement.
- The parties appear in Court with their separation agreement. Once the Court determines the agreement to be fair and reasonable under the circumstances, the parties divorce is finalized 120 days thereafter.
Where can I get more information about divorce mediation?
- Send us an e-mail inquiry for information based on your circumstances
- Phone Attorney Michael Eramo at (978) 774-2200
- Visit Attorney Eramo's of Counsel associates websites, or call:
www.garymhorwitz.com Attorney Gary M. Horwitz Ph. (978) 250-4646